If you are reading this, you will likely be psyching yourself up for springtime cleaning, or at least you are seeking some ways to do it more efficiently and effectively. If you want professional help, then you can always contact us. We are still happy to give you these cleaning tips. Do act as per these, if you are ready to tackle part or whole of the job by yourself.
About Our Professional Spring Cleaning Services
The spring cleaning services of Original Orkopina start with a house owner consultation. During this talk, we will find out more about your specific cleaning requests and household. This is the way we prefer to start every business relationship, whether it is for an occasional service such as spring cleaning or recurring services.
The majority of springtime cleaning sessions include these tasks.
- Disinfecting and wiping down all surfaces (countertops, tables, appliances, furniture, chairs).
- Cleaning window sills.
- Vacuuming furniture cushions, drapes and curtains.
- Dusting light fixtures, photo frames, knickknacks and molding.
- Disinfecting drawer handles and doorknobs all over the home.
- Scrubbing the bathtub, sink basins, shower, and the toilet.
- Wiping down appliances.
- Changing bed lines (when requested).
We can offer more customized cleaning services that meet your needs and fit your budget.
If you have special requests or just need help with some cleaning tasks, then discuss your spring cleaning plan with Original Orkopina. Our goal is to make your cleaning in spring easy and effortless, so that you have much more time to spend in whatever way you would like.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring Cleaning Household Things
Implement some of the following shortcuts to make spring cleaning, plus your daily cleaning, easier.
- Dusting is essential work, but you will save time and will have to dust less frequently if you do the following things.
- Replace the air filter inside your furnace on a habitual basis. It will also trap dust.
- Use dryer sheets as dusting clothing for baseboards and window blinds. These leave a trace of an antistatic fabric softener, which not only repels dust but also leaves a fine smell.
- You can also place dryer sheets in your AC or furnace registers for trapping dust while at the same time keeping your residence smell fresh.
- Dusting cloths made of microfiber pieces are better than other cleaning cloths and paper towels. When you use microfiber cloths, you will not have to use much cleaning solution. This will help extend the life of your cleaning supplies.
- If your cleaning plan includes cleaning your vehicles, then you will find that putting one or two activated charcoal pieces below the seats will get rid of odors.
- Does your kitchen garbage disposal device smell funky? Try to clean the splash guard on your garbage disposal. After ensuring the device is turned off, wipe the bottom and top parts of the black colored rubber ring in the sink with a disinfectant-dipped piece of cloth.
- Use newspapers to clean glass and mirrors.
- Newspaper is great at absorbing juices from leftovers, too. Try lining a garbage can with a daily to keep it clean and free of stink.
- Apply baby oil to your microfiber cloth and clean stainless steel (SS) appliances with it.
Make Your House a Bug-Free Place
Summer and spring are bug seasons. Do you know one in five kids is allergic to cockroach’s droppings and saliva? Insects and bugs belong outside the home. To learn valuable tips on bug prevention, do check out our post on this matter.
Spring Cleaning with Children
Cleaning in the spring season is also a tradition for US citizens. Does your tradition involve your kids too? To create a family culture where involvement is expected, start from a young age: ages 3 to 5 are fine for you to begin setting the precedent. Kids this age get motivated by fun activities. So if you are a parent or an adult, use the following tips to get your kids involved in spring cleaning.
- Show your kids how to put dirty clothes into your hamper like doing a “slam dunk”.
- Increase the volume of some of their preferred music.
- Include the process of rearranging their room into the clean-up activity, so they can be excited about their fresh surroundings.
Older children are likelier to be encouraged by rewards, so tie the completion of tasks to their allowance to get them involved. Else, let them name their own incentive, which does not even need to be monetary. For instance, a later bedtime on a weekly basis might gain you an enthusiastic buy-in from them.
Expert House Cleaning Services
We have more spring cleaning tips to give you, other than the ones here. With over three decades of professional house cleaning experience, Original Orkopina knows that the best way to keep a residence clean is by cleaning it once every week.
To make cleaning a little bit lighter next spring, we suggest establishing a recurring schedule. If you want a little professional help, then bear in mind that Original Orkopina provides flexible cleaning options. This way, you will get more time to go outside and plant up that garden you have been putting off all this while.