A toilet is one of those areas in a home that needs special attention. You need to clean your toilet bowls regularly to keep it tidy, safe, and free from germs. It is often considered a tiresome and hectic task to clean dirty toilet bowls and get rid of the stains, toilet rings, and bad smells. However, toilet cleaning can be very easy if you follow the below steps.
- Apply a good quality toilet cleaner and let it sit for some time on the bowl. You can also use vinegar for toilet cleaning. If so, apply a cup of vinegar to the toilet bowl and let it soak. Use a toilet brush to remove any excess cleaner around the bowl.
- Clean the exterior of the toilet bowl while the toilet cleaner soaks in. Use an all-purpose disinfectant to clean the outer area of the toilet. If it is too dirty, you can wipe the exterior of the toilet bowl using paper towels before spraying the disinfectant.
- Now take a scrub sponge and clean the outside of the toilet bowl. Make sure that the base of the toilet is cleaned as well. If the toilet seat is removable, take it out to clean it efficiently.
- When you are done with cleaning the exterior, use a toilet brush and scrub the toilet bowl. You can use a pumice stone to get rid of any stubborn toilet rings or stains in the bowl.
- Make certain that you scrub the area beneath the toilet rim carefully as well. You can use a sponge or brush for that. After that, flush the toilet clean and remove any water spills near the toilet bowl base or floor.
How to Clean a Toilet Effectively
It is a known fact that not many homeowners love cleaning toilets. Besides, some people may have very busy schedules that do not allow them to take care of toilet cleaning often. However, just like it is essential to clean your home regularly to keep it safe for the residents, it is also vital to clean the toilet periodically. This will not only make a full-scale housecleaning simpler but also eliminate harmful bacteria and germs in the toilet. Therefore, if you do not have the time to do the job, you should hire Original Orkopina for toilet cleaning.
Original Orkopina has years of experience in toilet cleaning. This allows us to make sure that your toilets and bathrooms are tidy, germ-free, and hygienic. Our staffs also bring all the required cleaning supplies for quick and effective toilet cleaning. Remember that it is very important to keep your toilet cleaning supplies separate from other household cleaning supplies. Generally, you will need the below cleaning supplies for toilet cleaning.
- Waterproof gloves
- A good quality toilet cleaner or vinegar
- Toilet brush
- Scrub sponge
- All-purpose disinfectant solution
- Paper towels
- Pumice stone
Cleaning the Toilet Water Tank
You should also clean the toilet water tank when you clean the area. To start, remove the lid and look inside the water tank. If there is any dirt or mineral buildup in the tank, pour around 4 cups of vinegar into it and let it sit for at least an hour. Then turn the water to the toilet water tank off and flush the toilet. This will help to drain the water tank. After that, use a sponge or brush to clean the interior of the toilet water tank. When done, turn the water supply on, fill the tank, and flush a few times to rinse it clean.