Ceramic tiles are very durable as well as easy to clean and maintain. However, dirt buildup and sand deposits on ceramic tile flooring can scratch the surface, if not cleaned in time. This can lead to permanent damages in the long run, which may incur heavy costs of repairs. Besides, dirty ceramic floor tiles will also make the space look very untidy because the grout will darken as it absorbs dirt in due course.
Ceramic Tile Cleaning
Ceramic tile flooring usually opts for the high-traffic areas in the home, such as the bathroom and kitchen. Therefore, to start with ceramic tile cleaning, you will need to remove all the rugs, furniture, or other things that may restrict you from cleaning the floor surface effectively. After that, follow the below steps to clean ceramic tile flooring thoroughly.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the loose sand, dirt, or other debris off the ceramic tile floor. After that, use a plastic putty knife or an old credit card to scrape off any sticky residue from the floor.
- When done, mix ½ cup of vinegar with ½ tbsp dish soap in a bucket of hot water. Make sure that you do not use too much soap because that may leave a soapy residue on the floor and make the ceramic tiles appear dull.
- Now mop the ceramic tile flooring using the soapy vinegar solution. Make sure to rinse the mop under hot running water to clean it well before you start. After mopping the floor with the soapy vinegar solution, clean the tiles using plain hot water.
- Let the ceramic tiles dry on their own or use a clean cloth for drying them. Using a clean dry cloth will ensure that there is no dirt or water spots left on the ceramic tile floors.
Cleaning Tile Grout
It is also important to clean the grout to make sure that the area looks good and well maintained. You can use a grout cleaning machine that uses hot steam for deep cleaning the grout or follow the below steps for an effective solution.
- Prepare a solution of water and powdered oxygen bleach as per the directions on the bottle. Using powdered oxygen bleach is much better than using chlorine bleach because it is non-toxic and does not react with other colors.
- You can also use a mixture of baking soda or lemon juice with white vinegar instead of oxygen bleach. However, the bleach solution is seen to be the most effective in cleaning the grout. Besides, it requires less scrubbing too.
- Apply the solution on the grout lines using a scrub brush or spray bottle, and let it sit form at least half an hour.
- After that, scrub the grout lines using an old toothbrush or a stiff nylon brush. Make sure to scrub one small area at a time and wipe off the dirty water with a cotton cloth as you go.
- When you are done with scrubbing all the grout lines, rinse the surface with water and dry it using a clean towel.
- Once the floor is dry, apply a grout sealant on the surface to make sure that the grout remains clean for long.
Maintaining the cleanliness of your home flooring can be very tough if you have no prior experience in dealing with the specific floor tiles. Moreover, you may not want to spend your weekend cleaning the house after having a stressful week at work. Therefore, it will be always wiser to hire Original Orkopina and let the professionals take care of your ceramic tile cleaning or all other house cleaning chores. This way, you can spend some quality time with your loved ones, knowing that your house is cleaned well and effectively by experts. Call Original Orkopina to book an appointment now!