No one wants to see a dirty bathtub in the bathroom. It not only makes the area look messy but also makes it very difficult to clean the bathroom properly. Yet if you clean the bathtub regularly, it will turn the wearying bathroom cleaning job very simple. Besides, getting rid of the soap scum and grime from the bathtub will ensure that the grout and glass remain cleaner for a long time. Below is a step-by-step guide to bathroom cleaning to make your job easier.
How to Clean the Bathtub
- Pour a bucket of hot water into the bathtub and sprinkle some baking soda onto the tub surface. If your bathtub is too dirty, you can use a specialized tub-and-tile cleaner instead of baking soda.
- Mix around 2 tbsp dish soap into 2 liters of hot water in a bucket. Dip a stiff nylon brush or scrub sponge in the solution and rub the bathtub surfaces thoroughly. Make sure to rinse the sponge or brush often to transfer a good amount of soapy water into the bathtub.
- If your bathtub is very dirty, you can sprinkle some baking soda onto the brush or sponge directly after dipping it in the hot water soap solution and scrub the bathtub surfaces using it.
- After scrubbing the surfaces, rinse the bathtub clean using the hand sprayer or a bucket full of water. When done, polish the bathtub drain, faucet, and handles using a dry cotton cloth.
Cleaning Mold or Mildew from the Bathtub
If you see any mold or mildew buildup in the bathtub, you will need to use bleach for a thorough bathtub cleaning. Mix around 4 tbsp bleach in hot water and spray the solution on the bathtub surfaces where you see mildew or mold.
Let the bleach solution sit for some time and then scrub it using a brush or sponge dipped in the hot water soap solution prepared previously. When done, rinse the bathtub clean and wipe off any spills near the base of the bathtub using a clean cloth.
Tips for Effective Bathtub Cleaning
- Do bathtub cleaning in the end if you are also cleaning the shower wall tiles.
- Use a kneepad or keep a folded towel to support your knees when you clean the bathtub.
- If you see slow draining, sprinkle 4 tbsp baking soda and 2 cups of vinegar in the drain. As soon as the bubbling stops, flush the drain clean using boiling-hot water.
- If you see stubborn stains in the bathtub, make a paste of baking soda and hot water and apply that onto the stains. Let it sit for a couple of hours and then wipe the surface clean with a dry cotton cloth.
- Use a mesh drain catcher to keep the bathtub drain clear.
You should also clean the showerhead, wall tiles, mirror, shower curtain, etc., periodically for keeping your bathroom clean. If you do not have the time or patience to take care of all the cleaning jobs on your own, hire Original Orkopina for a thorough bathroom cleaning. Our staffs have years of experience in bathtub cleaning and will make sure that the job is done with perfection.